Make the most of your Summit investment!
Attending Summit represents a significant investment of both your time and money - so it makes sense to do everything you can to squeeze the most out of your Summit experience. Here are some tips for ensuring you (and your firm) achieve a strong return on your Summit investment.
- Bring your managing partner and colleagues with you - this will mean you are all on the same page when you get back to the office, ready to implement your new learnings. Additional delegates from the same company can come along to Summit for just $995. Register a colleague now!
- Attend one of the pre-Summit Masterclass workshops from 12.30 - 4.45 pm on Wednesday 7 September: "Legal Innovation for Small Firm Teams", presented by Australia's leading expert on legal project management OR "A Process of Change and the Leader's Role" by US expert, Steve Wingert from NESSO Strategies. Learn more!
- Book your travel with our Summit Travel partner, Corporate Travel, and save!
- Make sure you arrive in time to attend the public opening of the Summit Trade Exhibition from 3.30 - 6.30pm on Wednesday 7 September. This is a great time to check out the latest products and services from 40+ leading legal industry vendors, hear presentations from our Principal Summit Partner, LexisNexis and Gold Summit partners, Veda and SAI Global and go on a free tour of Etihad Stadium. You can also bring along colleagues who are not attending Summit to come to the exhibition opening. Get a free exhibition pass.
- Enter your information in the Summit app prior to Summit (available to registered delegates in August), and use the app to connect with other delegates and exhibitors you would like to meet prior to attending Summit.
- Read the ALPMA blog posts from Summit speakers and partners to help you decide which sessions to attend and who to visit in the trade exhibition area. Subscribe to the blog to receive weekly posts, direct to your inbox.
- Plan your outfit for the Summit Gala dinner on Thursday evening. This year's theme is 'The Bold and the Blue..tiful" - so get into the spirit of things and wear something bold or blue! Dress code otherwise is After 5/Cocktail wear.
- Broadcast Summit live into your firm's boardroom, ensuring those who cannot join you at Summit in person won't miss out on the insights you gain. You can watch the whole of Summit or just pick individual sessions!
- If you are attending Summit by yourself or for the first time, come to the First Timers/Solo Connections meeting from 6.10 on Wednesday 7 September to meet other delegates and ALPMA committee members and then enjoy the Welcome Cocktail Reception with your new friends!
- Talk to Summit speakers after their sessions in the Continue The Conversation Zone in the Trade Exhibition area.
- Make sure you visit each of our trade exhibitors and learn about products and services they offer law firms and legal departments. This is a very quick and effective way to find vendors that could have the perfect solution for the challenges your firm is facing, to learn about new developments and take advantage of many of the great deals and prizes on offer.
- Follow ALPMA on Twitter (@AusLegalPracMgt) and join the conversation about Summit on Twitter, using #ALPMASummit in your tweets so others can comment on and share your tweets. We are offering prizes for the best tweets from Summit!
- Conduct a de-briefing session with staff at your firm, highlighting the key take-aways from Summit that you think should be applied at your firm.
- Replay your favourite Summit sessions on-demand to the rest of your team, so they can hear the speakers that inspired you first hand. Purchase the 2016 Summit On-Demand package for just $350 (including GST) before Summit or watch individual session recordings for just $99 each after Summit.
- Develop a post-Summit action plan - and implement it!